16 March 2009

The Amorphous Blob Is Rejected Twice In One Week


Crapola. Poem after poem sent to thrilling mags, and none of the high-falutin' buggers want to publish them. Lucky I'm not bitter. Sadly I have spent so much time gorging myself to satisfy the food blog I resemble a balloon. AND - they have taken to calling me the Amorphous Blob. In retaliation for this terrible treatment, I punish you with this:


If you had a choice
Amidst the haste and noise
Which would you choose:
Food
Or poetry?
(Perhaps you’d prefer booze?)
Zesty wine consumption is known
To leave you dying all alone
Chewing on gristle and bone
And none of your mates phone you.
Sad.
And also
Bad
News – that gristle makes you fat,
All that poetry
Requires is that you jump
Splat!
Off a roof top
Or other such drama
To re-imagine your karma.
The good news is
This blog gives you both
No need to commit hara-kiri
Just bring out the piri-piri.
Poetry is far more
Difficult
Than eating.
And drinking.
Phew. I think I'd better
Go.

1 comment:

  1. Check out TheTamshee-lighthearted banter featuring Gore Vidal in the familyguy episode Mother Tucker, enjoy

    ReplyDelete